Pos4Health Study: Participation
Interested and motivated individuals are needed to help evaluate Pos4Health. Participation in this study will involve the following steps:
- SCREENING: You will be asked to give your consent to provide information over the Internet by signing the online consent form. Then you will fill out the interest form on this website.
- Research staff will determine if you might be eligible for the study.
- If you meet initial eligibility criteria, we will contact you to schedule a phone interview.
- During the phone interview, we will explain the study. We will answer any questions or concerns you may have during the call. If you choose to participate, you will electronically sign a study consent form.
- We will then continue on the phone to ask you questions about your HIV medication, smoking, drinking, and/or drug use history for the past 30 days.
- ENROLLMENT: If you are still eligible after the phone interview is complete, we will email you a unique login number and password.
- BASELINE ASSESSMENTS: Next, you will complete an online Questionnaire. This will take about 60-90 minutes to complete. The questions ask about you, your mental health, HIV medication, smoking, drinking, and drug use habits and daily life experiences.
- Once you complete the Questionnaire, you will be asked to enter online Pos4Health Diaries for 10 days. The Pos4Health Diaries only take 2-3 minutes to complete. The diary asks about your HIV medications, your mood, your smoking, drinking, and/or drug use for that day.
- After completing the Questionnaire and 10 Diaries, you are finished with the baseline assessments. See PAYMENT below.
- STUDY GROUP ASSIGNMENT: You will be randomly assigned (like the flip of a coin) to 1 of 2 study groups. You have an equal chance of being assigned to either group. One group will use a website with information about living well with HIV. The other group will use an interactive Internet program about how to live well with HIV. The Internet program includes information, videos, and exercises designed to help you develop new habits or skills.
- A member of the study team will access your medical records to collect your most recent labs for CD4 count, viral load, HIV medication, and pharmacy. Your pharmacy will also be contacted for your past 6 month HIV medication refills.
- POST ASSESSMENTS: After 9 weeks, you will be asked to complete another online Questionnaire and 10 more online Pos4Health Diaries. Then the Research Coordinator will schedule a phone call with you to collect additional information about your HIV medication, smoking, drinking, and/or drug use history since Step #5. See PAYMENT below.
- A member of the study team will again collect most recent labs and your HIV medication refills in the past 9 weeks.
- FOLLOW-UP: At the end of the study, you may be invited to share feedback on the study by completing a short follow-up online questionnaire.
- BASELINE ASSESSMENT: We will send you a $50 gift card after you complete the baseline questionnaire and 10 diaries.
- POST ASSESSMENT: We will send you a $100 gift card after completing the post assessments (questionnaire, 10 diaries, and the phone call data collection) at 9 weeks.
- FOLLOW-UP: We will send you a $10 gift card after completing the follow-up questionnaire.
More details can be found in the Study Consent Form.
Description |Participation | Privacy | Documents